-
April 28th, 2003, 09:44 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Attention Video/Film Professionals On August 2nd starting at noon, 2003 the first annual Detroit 24 Hour Video Battle will begin.
Objective is to create a 2-minute video that is on a subject of our choosing and work your magic. You only have 24 hours to complete the task at hand so being organized and creative at a moments notice is the key.
Envelopes of your task will be handed out just before the 24-hour period begins. If you're up to the challenge there are some rules. 1. It must be at least 90% original video, shot and edited by the team. (No editing someone else's work) 2. Tape must be brought back in 24 hours any later you will be disqualified. (No Exceptions to the Rule) 3. Four people to a team- including crew and actors (Any more you will be disqualified) 4. We will not supply equipment so get some any way you can. 5. Tapes must be the VHS tape that we supply. 6. Have Fun, but remember it is a competition.
There will be two categories: A. Professional B. Amateur Prizes for the best tape in their category, so make them good. Prizes will be given out after all tapes have been turned in and reviewed. Register by: July 26th, 2003 Registration Fee- $20.00 per person. For Information/Register: Contact: Derrick Mullins Email: [email protected] Phone: 1-734-812-0192
Requirements:Must have own equipment or access to equipment, because it will not be provided.
How to Apply:Call or email. For questions or registration.Equal Opportunity EmployerContact Info [img]biggrin.gif[/img] errick [email protected]nn Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI 48197Deadline: July 26th for RegistrationDate Posted: 2003-04-27
ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS FOR A SCRIPT....MAYBE I COULD TAKE THIS CHALLENGE, OR DOES IT SOUND LIKE THAT TELL YOU YOUR SCRIPT IDEA IN THAT SEALED ENVELOPE.
-
April 29th, 2003, 10:29 AM
#2
Inactive Member
They pick the subject..so it makes it more difficult, but a fun creative challenge! I find my best work sometimes happens when I have to improvise on the fly...it also produces some of my worst work! I noticed this contest is video only...it would be tough getting Kodachrome shot and back in 24 hours!
-
May 1st, 2003, 07:53 AM
#3
HB Forum Moderator
But Greg, I think you have a film processing place somewhere in your area that handles Ektachrome. The problem is you need 6-8 hours turnaround for the processing, 6-8 hours to shoot, and probably 6-8 hours for edit.
I don't think the timing gods would be on your side.
You could turn it into a radio contest! Get a crew and go! If you did it in Ektachrome you'd have a "look" that the others probably wouldn't get.
Oh wait, it says 90% shot in video, what's up with that?
-
May 2nd, 2003, 06:42 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I live about 2 to 2-1/2 Hrs. from the Motor City, so I would not have the "HOME ADVANTAGE."
I would have to get a motel, bring my NLE computer, camera lights, and other toys along and hope I could accomplish what they would want me to film. Plus find an actor or two to be "on call."
If I were to sign on this project I would shoot it in video. I know...I KNOW, I'm desperate, but Battle Creek is not exactly the film-video production headquarters of the midwest!
-
May 3rd, 2003, 01:16 PM
#5
Inactive Member
yeah, I think you're stuck using video for this one...Battle Creek..isn't that where Kelloggs has it's headquarters?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks